Monday, July 16, 2007

Got results?

I've been looking around, but I'm still not able to find a report on the Waltham Forest match. Once one becomes available, I'll be sure to post the link here.

So, on with today's latest.

There's another low-key match scheduled for next week. Bishop's Stortford have confirmed a friendly against an Arsenal XI on July 24 at Woodside Park. Admissions are only £8 for adults, and £5 for concessions.

Ladies captain Faye White returned from a training camp with England in time to play not one, but two matches this past weekend with the Ottawa Fury Women. The W-League leaders remain undefeated after a 3-1 win over the Rochester Raging Rhinos Women on Saturday and a 1-0 win over the Hamilton Avalanche on Sunday.

The W-League season wraps up soon, and so far Faye has come through unscathed and increasing her match fitness.

Former defender Rhys Weston has joined Walsall after a successful trial, which is great news for Rhys. From what I can recall, he was not having the greatest run of luck after being released by Cardiff City during the summer of 2006. His lack of steady work was also rumoured to have affected his financial situation, and I believe it was even addressed by Rhys himself in an interview. He signed for Viking F.K. in Norway after his release, but played less than one match due to injury before signing for Port Vale for the remainder of last season.

Good luck to the kid.

Remember when Spurs fans tried to rub it in our face when they signed Rohan Ricketts on a free? How they thought he was a bigger steal than Sol was coming our way? Yeah, that was funny. He's now at Barnsley. The best only play for the best, I say.

It baffles the mind, it does. Julio Baptista flopped more than a fish with us, but then scores this goal in the Copa America final. Again-baffling.

Anyone have an antihistamine?

No comments: