Friday, July 6, 2007

Friday Round Up. Original title, huh?

Well, after wiping out entire forests to write about the release of the men's fixtures, the release of the Ladies' fixture list went by without so much as one bush being chopped down. And since I can't print the fixtures here, check them out on Arsenal.com-they paid for the "honour" of being able to print basic information. Stupid FA.

Remember that this season sees only 11 teams in the Ladies' top flight after the sudden closure of the Charlton team. I've already said my peace on the matter, and I still think it was pathetic to punish the Ladies for the men's failures.

Also sneaking in under the radar was the first round draw of the UEFA Women's Cup. Arsenal Ladies, the defending champions, have a bye through the first round. Everton are the other English team and this marks their European debut.

Wojciech Szczesny must have quite the ass groove carved in to the Polish bench as he again played the role of substitute as his nation drew 1-1 with Korea at the Men's U20 World Cup. The nice thing is Poland move on to the next round along with the USA from their group. Brazil, of all countries, must now wait for results elsewhere to see if they can sneak in as one of the better third-placed teams.

Jack Wilshire. A name to remember? Maybe. But for now, he's one of 14 new youth players at Arsenal. Best of luck to him.

Time to sleep. I really need it.

No comments: