Thursday, July 5, 2007

Arsenal keeping busy. Well, apart from making transfers.

Early post this evening, as there's some U20 football to watch this evening.

Arsenal.com shocked the world by actually posting news on time. They surprised fans everywhere by announcing the signing of 5 youth players to professional terms. Jay Simpson, Nacer Barazite, Paul Rodgers, Rui Fonte, and benchwarmer extraordinaire, Wojciech Szczesny are all making real money now. No more Pot Noodles for them.

But that was their only scoop. I mean, it only took them 3/4 of the year to post highlights of the visit by BEC Tero Sasana to London Colney. Great job, folks-a pat on the back for all of you.

Alternate Arsenal beat them to the news about Tommy Black signing for Southend United. Well, and the person I took the news from beat me, but that's not important. And yeah, I admit it-I missed reporting the signing of former winger Ryan Smith by Millwall. But I knew about it, honest.

Elsewhere, former keeper Richard Wright remains in the Premier League after signing with West Ham United. He was rumoured to be considering a return to Ipswich, but the offer of Premier League benchwarming must have been too good to refuse.

QPR Report is, uhhh...reporting that former Gunner Matthew Rose turned down a move to MLS in the States and resigned with Yeovil Town. I'm pretty sure most MLS fans would have completely missed that move and wondered who he was. He's that big in football circles.

I need a beer. But work frowns on that sort of thing while on duty.

Dang.

No comments: