Thursday, July 12, 2007

Forgotten news and lost sleep

Lost sleep leads to lost news. Work and sick kids getting in the way...

The one big item I missed earlier this week was the release of the fixtures list for the Premier Reserve League South. Again, since I don't pay, I don't get to show. So I'll send you over to Arsenal.com to view the list. The season starts away to Fulham on August 28 and wraps up on March 31 at home to Derby County. Highlights include North London reserve derbies against Spurs away on October 2 and home on February 11.

All home fixtures will be played once again at Barnet's Underhill Stadium.

Speaking of Barnet, manager Paul Fairclough says he still has hope of signing Ray Parlour this season, though he believes Ray does have offers from clubs a little higher up in the League. I hope he does-Barnet is just too big of a drop for Ray and he still has a lot to offer whatever club eventually signs him.

And don't forget that we are playing Barnet in our first match of the preseason this Saturday at Underhill. There are some tickets left in the East Terrace, and they are going for £18. The match starts at 3pm.

The Barnet match isn't our only match of the weekend, however. On Sunday, an Arsenal XI meet Waltham Forest at Wadham Lodge ground in Walthamstow. One too many W's there. Tickets for this match are £5, while children under 11 are free. Why not stop by if you are in the area?

Poland are out of the U20 World Cup in Canada after losing 3-1 to Argentina in the Round of 16. And no, Wojciech Szczesny did not play. Though he did have a great view of the CN Tower from his seat on the bench. It would have been nice to see him get some playing time at this tournament, since I don't see him playing much for the Reserves this year. U18 is a possibility, though.

Anyone else getting antsy for the weekend?

No comments: